Modify or Foreclose? What鈥檚 Your Go-To Strategy for NPNs?

Modify or Foreclose? What鈥檚 Your Go-To Strategy for NPNs?

Member since 2025 路 48 posts 路 14 votes

馃挱 Question for Note Investors:

When buying non-performing notes, do you prefer to rework/modify the loan or go straight for foreclosure and property? Curious what most investors are doing in today鈥檚 market.

0Reply
50 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Wholesaler, Rehabber and Landlord 路 San Antonio, TX 路 Member since 2014 路 2k+ posts 路 2k+ votes
    1y

    I dont do a whole bunch of notes, but when I do it is usually np. I try to talk with the homeowner. If they want to work with me, I will. If not, I know what to do.

    I would much rather get the note performing and double my money in a year or two, but foreclosure works too. Sometimes, it just takes the threat of foreclosure to get the homeowner to the table.

  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor 路 VA 路 Member since 2015 路 21k+ posts 路 19k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Charles Kennedy:

    馃挱 Question for Note Investors:

    When buying non-performing notes, do you prefer to rework/modify the loan or go straight for foreclosure and property? Curious what most investors are doing in today鈥檚 market.


     we always start with the legal process as that is the fastest way to get the borrower to the table to allow you to rework or modify the loan. Our goal is to rework or modify the loan, we are not real estate hungry where we want to own the assets - we want to remain the bank and not a real estate owner. 

    7e investments53 Reviews
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.