Flipper/Rehabber · Radium Hot Springs, British Columbia · Member since 2014 · 1 post · 1 vote
Hi Everyone,
I have worked on flips in Montana and in BC Canada, I am wondering what everyone's thoughts are on manufactured homes fix and flips in the Arizona market?
Is there money to be made with tight controls on buy and expenses or is the market down too much currently?
I've been studying the market and it looks like there is a glut of mh on the market with a lot of price reductions.
I've spoken to a couple of people who flip MHs in Arizona, and while a lot depends on the community and location, as with most investments, success ultimately depends on the acquisition cost.
In 2021, I helped sell a 1991 2 bed / 2 bath, 1144/ft² MH that needed everything, in a very nice Phoenix age-restricted community, for $18,500. Buyer did windows, roof, hvac, the works. Sold it in 2023 for $175,000. It is on the market now asking $179,000. Land lease is $1000/month, and they require 3x verified income and 750+ credit score - so even after all the work and investment, you're needing a specific buyer.
I've spoken to a couple of people who flip MHs in Arizona, and while a lot depends on the community and location, as with most investments, success ultimately depends on the acquisition cost.
In 2021, I helped sell a 1991 2 bed / 2 bath, 1144/ft² MH that needed everything, in a very nice Phoenix age-restricted community, for $18,500. Buyer did windows, roof, hvac, the works. Sold it in 2023 for $175,000. It is on the market now asking $179,000. Land lease is $1000/month, and they require 3x verified income and 750+ credit score - so even after all the work and investment, you're needing a specific buyer.
Manufactured home flips can work well if you control purchase price and rehab costs, but the key is knowing your exit strategy and local demand. In many Midwest markets, MHs can be especially profitable because acquisition costs are lower, rental demand is steady, and you can still see solid cash-on-cash returns when managed carefully.
Lender · OR ID AZ CA WA CO NV TN MT · Member since 2018 · 598 posts · 312 votes
7mo
@Matt Semm thank you for posting here on BP! I would highly advise you connect with @Jeremy Holden to dive deeper on this. He is a local investor & realtor who can help guide you and go further on details with you. He is definitely someone in the Phoenix area you want on your Team!