Fix n Flip Margins are depleting and DOM are only getting longer

Fix n Flip Margins are depleting and DOM are only getting longer

Developer · USA · Member since 2022 · 9 posts · 3 votes

I’m an active investor, but lately finding the right projects has been tougher, mostly due to inflated pricing on existing inventory, unrealistic seller expectations, and an oversaturation of flippers.

I’ve had solid success with a few flips in Boynton, but as the market softens, days on market are stretching out, which makes scaling harder. Because of that, I’m shifting strategy: prioritizing better locations and focusing on snowbird-driven pockets, even if it means paying more on acquisition.

I’m pretty much done with Boynton and am looking at moving my buy box south, specifically Delray through Fort Lauderdale, east of Military / Andrews.

Curious to hear what areas people here are liking right now - what pockets are you seeing work well?

1Reply
112 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2024 · 3 posts · 2 votes
    8mo

    Part of my strategy during this period is to:

    1) wait for flippers to get tired of losing money on deals, and let a correction happen in the investor market. Too many investors are buying like its 2020-2024. The correction is already happening in my market (SoCal).

    2) tigthen up my underwriting by discounting ARV by ~10%.

    3) lean more on networking with investor agents to bring a higher flow of potential deals across the table. 

  • Developer · USA · Member since 2022 · 9 posts · 3 votes
    8mo

    Solid plan... the issue I face with your first point is time wasted = money left on the table... instead of waiting for a correction, I feel that building from the ground up is the move, this way you're creating your own opportunity rather than waiting for a unicorn project.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.