Property Manager · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2024 · 162 posts · 97 votes
Looking to invest in one of the hottest rental markets in the country?
According to Zillow, Milwaukee ranks #8 among the nation's top rental markets, with an average annual rent growth of 4.1%. Combined with steady home appreciation, Milwaukee continues to offer investors strong long-term income potential and excellent opportunities to grow their portfolios.
Whether you're:
Looking for rental rate projections,
Curious about the best neighborhoods to invest in,
Or hoping to connect with an investor-friendly realtor,
Welcome Home Milwaukee is here to help. Give us a call at to discuss your investment goals and how we can help you maximize your returns.
I had to google what state Milwaukee was in. It's surprising to me that it's such a strong rental market. I noticed it's had a pretty steadily declining population, which isn't usually a leading indicator for rent growth. What do you think it driving the rent growth? What do rent to price ratios tend to look like there?
It really comes down to the specific neighborhood. Certain areas have been shrinking while others have been growing. So it is important to know what areas you are getting into and why you are buying there. Also, Milwaukee county has pretty high property taxes, but the surrounding areas don't. So I think part of it is the growth of the area in general helps hold Milwaukee steady on rents. Also, Milwaukee is littered with colleges and medical facilities, and I think those two things allow for a large and steady renter pool.
Lender · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
2mo
I had to google what state Milwaukee was in. It's surprising to me that it's such a strong rental market. I noticed it's had a pretty steadily declining population, which isn't usually a leading indicator for rent growth. What do you think it driving the rent growth? What do rent to price ratios tend to look like there?
I had to google what state Milwaukee was in. It's surprising to me that it's such a strong rental market. I noticed it's had a pretty steadily declining population, which isn't usually a leading indicator for rent growth. What do you think it driving the rent growth? What do rent to price ratios tend to look like there?
It really comes down to the specific neighborhood. Certain areas have been shrinking while others have been growing. So it is important to know what areas you are getting into and why you are buying there. Also, Milwaukee county has pretty high property taxes, but the surrounding areas don't. So I think part of it is the growth of the area in general helps hold Milwaukee steady on rents. Also, Milwaukee is littered with colleges and medical facilities, and I think those two things allow for a large and steady renter pool.
Well said! I also think Milwaukee's colleges and major medical facilities play a huge role in keeping rental demand strong. Between the universities, hospitals, and large employers, there's a steady pipeline of renters moving to and within the area.
On top of that, Milwaukee and the surrounding communities continue to see new development, investment, and year-round events that make the area an attractive place to live. It also helps that Wisconsin is generally considered a landlord-friendly state, making Milwaukee a great market for long-term real estate investing.
We built an automated system that pulls distressed deals from probate, foreclosure, and code-violation records before they hit the MLS the exact inventory that generates cash-on-cash returns in rental markets like Milwaukee. Instead of competing on listed properties, you're sourcing off-market leads directly from public records.