Coral Springs, FL · Member since 2018 · 468 posts · 97 votes
1w
Gregory, good to see a market that's defying the seasonal slowdown narrative. A lot of markets that had a strong spring are starting to see that typical summer fade, so Milwaukee holding into late spring is a positive signal.
I'm not in Milwaukee directly - I buy at tax deed auctions in Broward County down in South Florida and operate out of North Jersey. But the pattern you're describing of sustained momentum is something I've been trying to figure out how much of it is national vs. local. South Florida has been pretty relentless this year on the distressed side - the tax deed auctions have been competitive every single month, which tells me demand from investors is still very much alive even with rates where they are.
The question I'd have for you is whether the strength you're seeing is concentrated in a specific price range or property type. In most secondary markets right now, the entry-level and small multifamily seems to be where the activity clusters because that's where the cash flow still pencils out. Are you seeing that same dynamic in Milwaukee, or is the strength more spread across the board?
Also curious if you're seeing any shift in buyer composition - like more institutional money competing against the small guys, or is it mostly local operators still?