As the title says I need help understanding umbrella insurance for my case. I have two properties 1st under my revocable family Trust and second which was my previous primary residence (Under Trust) now moved under an LLC for rental. The LLC is part of my family trust; I want to purchase umbrella insurance for 1M. But would like to know: 1. If it will cover my LLC and Trust? 2. Do I need to purchase separate insurance policies for both (Trust & LLC) 3. Help me understand how umbrella insurance work in such scenarios if I keep adding LLCs for future rental properties?
As the title says I need help understanding umbrella insurance for my case. I have two properties 1st under my revocable family Trust and second which was my previous primary residence (Under Trust) now moved under an LLC for rental. The LLC is part of my family trust; I want to purchase umbrella insurance for 1M. But would like to know: 1. If it will cover my LLC and Trust? 2. Do I need to purchase separate insurance policies for both (Trust & LLC) 3. Help me understand how umbrella insurance work in such scenarios if I keep adding LLCs for future rental properties?
Thanks in advance for looking into my queries.
Hi Amit,
1. Umbrella insurance typically provides coverage for multiple properties and entities, such as LLCs and trusts, as long as they are named in the policy. However, you should confirm with your insurance provider to ensure both your LLC and trust are covered under the umbrella policy.
2. Generally, you wouldn't need seperate policies for your trust and LLC if they are both included in the umbrella policy. It's advisable to discuss your specific situation with your insurance agent to ensure everything is properly covered.
3. When your add more LLCs for future rental properties, you can usually extend your umbrella policy to cover those new entities as well. Each new LLC might require additional coverage, and you should work with your insurance provider to adjust your umbrella policy accordingly.
Remember, it's essential to communicate all the details of your property and entities with your insurance agent to ensure you have the appropriate coverage and protection for your specific situation.