Advice on getting insurance on a vacant property

Advice on getting insurance on a vacant property

Memphis, TN · Member since 2018 · 10 posts · 5 votes

Hi all, I currently own a single family home that is currently vacant and is in the renovation process. Who have y'all had success in insuring your vacant properties. I've already been denied by my insurance company due to the age of the roof. Is there a company you have used that you have liked their prices and customer service?? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. 

0Reply
47 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Insurance Agent · Maumelle, AR · Member since 2015 · 131 posts · 41 votes
    1y

    Jamie, I use Foremost a lot for vacant/reno risks, but if it's a complete "gut" job I'd recommend calling your independent agent and having them look at other options.

  • Owen RosenBusiness Member
    Professional · Clinton Township, MI · Member since 2015 · 677 posts · 259 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Jamie Hailey:

    Hi all, I currently own a single family home that is currently vacant and is in the renovation process. Who have y'all had success in insuring your vacant properties. I've already been denied by my insurance company due to the age of the roof. Is there a company you have used that you have liked their prices and customer service?? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. 


     A good independent agent/broker should have multiple options to insure a vacant dwelling.  Can't speak to the roof issue without knowing more.

    Just make sure to be up front about the scope of the renovation because that will dictate the type of policy needed and what companies will accept the risk.  This is not something you can/should be trying to figure out on your own.

    Royal Oath Insurance Group4.9203 Reviews
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.