Anyone have a Verivest review? (fund creation/consulting offering)

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2016 · 37 posts · 19 votes
3y

I've used them as an investor, and they provided terrible service. The syndicators that I invested with have slowly pulled out of their service and went elsewhere. 

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    3y

    @Keith Robinson

    I spoke to them recently and they no longer provide a fund review - they now act as a back of house manager

    If you want a fund review companies like factright and buttonwood will provide one but they run $20k+. If you are looking to raise money from RIA’s and registered reps you will need to have one of these reports.

    7e investments53 Reviews
  • Member since 2022 · 25 posts · 13 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Chris Seveney:

    @Keith Robinson

    I spoke to them recently and they no longer provide a fund review - they now act as a back of house manager

    If you want a fund review companies like factright and buttonwood will provide one but they run $20k+. If you are looking to raise money from RIA’s and registered reps you will need to have one of these reports.


     Thanks Chris.  I am actually talking to them about consulting on fund formation/structure vs reviewing. They seem to have a ton of experience and can help avoid some pitfalls  for a first time fund creator. 

  • Rental Property Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2016 · 37 posts · 19 votes
    3y

    I've used them as an investor, and they provided terrible service. The syndicators that I invested with have slowly pulled out of their service and went elsewhere. 

  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    3y

    @Keith Robinson

    They have experience and can do some fund administration for you - these services are now a dime a dozen. Depending on fund size and structure most admin work can be done in house

    7e investments53 Reviews
  • Murrieta, CA · Member since 2018 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    2y
    Quote from @Keith Robinson:

    Hello all, 

    I am curious if anyone has worked with Verivest with their fund creation consulting offering? I'd love to know someones experience. 

    Thanks!

    Hey Keith,

    What a coincidence finding you here. Hope you’ve been well! We used Verivest and recently were forced to switch fund admins by our bank and switched to NAV. My experience with Verivest was horrible. There are much better options for less money available. With regards to the legal side of fun creation, that would be their parent company Fairway America. They are very knowledgeable regarding fund design but mostly act as a high priced facilitator to connect you with securities counsel. Reach out to me directly if you would like a good referral to legally set up your fund. As far as fund administration goes, try NAV Consulting, they’ve been great so far.

    Best Regards,
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.