Attention all Investors.

Attention all Investors.

Contractor · Toledo Ohio · Member since 2024 · 9 posts · 18 votes

If you’re here I would like to thank you in advance for taking the time to read this. I am in the Toledo Ohio area and have always been on the contractor/worker end of things recently have been wanting to take the leap into the other end of the spectrum. Honestly has been something I have been wanting to do for years but I guess I was just comfortable where I was at. Well here I am finally. I guess I should tell you a little about me and what was my pushing factor. Growing up in a roofing family I got put to work early.  Over time I branched off and worked in the various other fields building my skills and knowledge. I guess I always played it safe because of the security blanket it offered me. But since my youngest was born it all changed. He was born in kidney failure and later we discovered he has liver cancer. Because of these reasons we spend more time than we like in the hospital. That being the case any job with normal hours is out of the question. Which pushed me to make the leap and here I am. Naturally my biggest hurdle is the capital to fund the projects. My hopes are to find a partner/investor to help me get started. I know it’s a slim chance but any chance not taken will never be realized. If there is anyone willing to take a chance no matter how small I promise in the end it will be worthwhile. 

3Reply
44 views

Most Popular Reply

San Francisco Bay Area · Member since 2018 · 33 posts · 31 votes
1y

Hey Roberto, 

Thanks for sharing your heartfelt story. 

To get better luck in investors to partner with you. I recommend that you state what your buy box is. Are you looking for properties in the Toledo area? What shape are they in? Is it a single family home? Duplex? 10 unit? 

That will help other investors who are looking to partner, to get a better sense of what you're looking for and if it fits their needs. 

Hope that helps and good luck! 

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • San Francisco Bay Area · Member since 2018 · 33 posts · 31 votes
    1y

    Hey Roberto, 

    Thanks for sharing your heartfelt story. 

    To get better luck in investors to partner with you. I recommend that you state what your buy box is. Are you looking for properties in the Toledo area? What shape are they in? Is it a single family home? Duplex? 10 unit? 

    That will help other investors who are looking to partner, to get a better sense of what you're looking for and if it fits their needs. 

    Hope that helps and good luck! 

  • Contractor · Toledo Ohio · Member since 2024 · 9 posts · 18 votes
    1y

    Hey David. Thank you I appreciate the advice. Still on a learning curve. 
    but for me the Toledo and surrounding areas. The shape of the properties varies. There is an abundance of single family properties. I think starting off that would be my main focus multi family in the future. I have numerous in mind that I saved on Zillow and Redfin. Also have a realtor buddy that is willing to give me leads when any off market properties pop up. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Brooke Park Drive · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    1y

    Invest in the book by Brandon Turner

    The Book on Investing in Real Estate with No (and Low) Money Down
  • Contractor · Toledo Ohio · Member since 2024 · 9 posts · 18 votes
    1y

    Thank you. I’ll look into it. 

  • San Francisco Bay Area · Member since 2018 · 33 posts · 31 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Roberto Vasquez:

    Hey David. Thank you I appreciate the advice. Still on a learning curve. 
    but for me the Toledo and surrounding areas. The shape of the properties varies. There is an abundance of single family properties. I think starting off that would be my main focus multi family in the future. I have numerous in mind that I saved on Zillow and Redfin. Also have a realtor buddy that is willing to give me leads when any off market properties pop up. 

    Ok that's a good start. Now you should let potential investors know what the price range is for the single family home you're looking at. Is it a fix & Flip? is it a long term hold? 
    How much money you're looking for?
    What's the estimated after repair value? 
    How long will it take to do the repairs/upgrades. 
    Finally, you mentioned you're a contractor. What do you specialize in? Drywall, flooring etc... 
    This will then help investors 1. See what their potential returns are.  2. See what value you provide (i.e. your specialty in the trades). 
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.