Anyone know any Realtors in Florence, Italy?

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Consultant · Globally · Member since 2019 · 54 posts · 37 votes
    1y

    Absolutely! I actually know a few great agents in Italy who could definitely help you out. If you’re heading over in a couple of months, this is the perfect time to start laying some groundwork—whether you're looking to buy, rent, or just explore the market a bit. I can get the ball rolling for you, if you want, and make the connection.

    • Member since 2020 · 28 posts · 5 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Marcus E. Turner:

      Absolutely! I actually know a few great agents in Italy who could definitely help you out. If you’re heading over in a couple of months, this is the perfect time to start laying some groundwork—whether you're looking to buy, rent, or just explore the market a bit. I can get the ball rolling for you, if you want, and make the connection.


      hi there!  Great. I’m looking to just get some information. You can tell your friends / agents that I already have a place in tulum Mexico so just looking to see what I can do in Florence 
  • Mike LambertPro Member
    Investor · The Americas and Europe · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y

    Hi Duncan,

    I was visiting a friend in Florence at the end of last year and, being an international real estate investor, I couldn't help but looking at the local property market. My conclusion: expensive and not very profitable so not for me thank you. Of course, if there is a lifestyle component to it, it's another story.

    When you invest internationally, looking for a real estate agent as a first step isn't the best thing to do IMHO. Because there's no MLS, you're limiting yourself to a very small share of the market. Also, agents aren't as professional as in the US and they don't have the same fiduciary duties. What they want is to make a commission, especially since they know their relationship with you will be a one-off and you won't affect their reputation, whether you're satisfied or not. You're much better off looking at properties and then contact the listing agent. This gives you exposure to multiple agents and multiple properties.

    Hope this helps.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.