I'm a first time investor looking into investing in Indianopolis. I found a great deal that cash flows in the Brookside Park neighborhood but am concerned about crime and appreciation in this area. Does anyone have any experience/advice for this area? Thank you!
Realtor · Indianapolis IN · Member since 2018 · 464 posts · 339 votes
10mo
I like Brookside! I would say it is about 50/50 developed but definitely getting better, so you can still find good deals but it will gain appreciation in the long run. The development is coming from the neighborhoods to the west (Windsor Park and Woodruff Place). The neighborhood to the east is Little Flower which also is seeing some changes. The city has done improvements to the park (DISC golf course) and is doing a fun glow-in-the-dark path. There are also 2 really good elementary schools in the neighborhood.
Would love to hop on a call and discuss further if you would like.
Realtor · Indianapolis IN · Member since 2018 · 464 posts · 339 votes
10mo
I like Brookside! I would say it is about 50/50 developed but definitely getting better, so you can still find good deals but it will gain appreciation in the long run. The development is coming from the neighborhoods to the west (Windsor Park and Woodruff Place). The neighborhood to the east is Little Flower which also is seeing some changes. The city has done improvements to the park (DISC golf course) and is doing a fun glow-in-the-dark path. There are also 2 really good elementary schools in the neighborhood.
Would love to hop on a call and discuss further if you would like.
Rental Property Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2018 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
10mo
@Lauren Redies I lived 5 mins east of Brookside Park for 5 years and watched it grow. At the time we looked to buy in that neighborhood but ended up in Irvington.
It's a great neighborhood to get into. The closer to Windsor Park the better but those prices have skyrocketed. Stay as close to the park as possible - preferably south of Brookside Pkwy S Dr. and north of 10th St. Little Flower is another great neighborhood but prices have come up depending on the street. The western edge is pretty rough around Sherman Dr.