Out of state investing

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jay TolugantiPro Member
    Investor · Clearwater, FL · Member since 2025 · 226 posts · 78 votes
    7mo

    You mean market of Mississippi? What part of MS you got boots on the ground?

  • Wholesaler · Austin, TX · Member since 2025 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    7mo

    Hi Sebastian, if you are looking to invest in Austin, would love to chat. The market has really picked up. I have been to some investor meetups and they have been packed.

  • Arman AhmedPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus Cleveland Dayton, OH · Member since 2024 · 2k+ posts · 923 votes
    7mo
    Quote from @Sebastian Lim:

    Hows the market there? I got boot ms on the ground and 55k

     @Sebastian Lim

    With $55K and a boots-on-the-ground team, you’re in a great spot to start out-of-state investing. Markets in the Midwest are super friendly for buyers in your range. You can find undervalued duplexes or small multis that cash flow right away and don’t require crazy local knowledge. The key is stable neighborhoods, solid numbers, and having a reliable local team so your first deals run smoothly even from afar.

  • Robert EllisBusiness Member
    Developer · Miami, FL · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3mo
    Quote from @Sebastian Lim:

    Hows the market there? I got boot ms on the ground and 55k


    With $55k and trusted boots on the ground, I'd spend more time evaluating neighborhoods than markets. I've seen investors do well in multiple states, but the difference usually comes down to buying in areas with stable workforce demand, reasonable property taxes, and rents that comfortably support the purchase price. Are you primarily looking for monthly cash flow, long-term appreciation, or a balance of both?
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.