Out on my own

Out on my own

Member since 2026 · 1 post · 2 votes

Hello!

I am a relative newby who has purchased some long-term rentals with a partner and done some subject-to deals in my own and I'm looking to grow my long-term rental portfolio. 

I am also looking at multi-family properties and would love to learn more from the Bigger Pockets community!

2Reply
91 views

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2026 · 6 posts · 5 votes
7mo

Hey Shea, my name is Uriel, I am a newbie, me and my buddy are working on our first project in Bainbridge Island, I am looking to connect with people to possibly pick up tips and tricks to become better overtime. I also want to mention that we do level 5 drywall, sliding, decks, trim, paint. So if anyone in Seattle needs some work done for their property reach out to me, Please help me us grow, any tips are always useful thank you.

See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Min ZhangBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8mo

    Welcome, Shea! BiggerPockets is a great place to sharpen the fundamentals and hear how different people approach long term vs multifamily as they scale. I learned a ton early on just by lurking, asking questions, and seeing what actually worked for others. What’s the main thing you’re hoping to improve next? deal analysis, financing, or operations? Happy to keep the conversation going!

  • Arman AhmedPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus Cleveland Dayton, OH · Member since 2024 · 2k+ posts · 923 votes
    8mo

    @Shea Stewart

    Welcome, Shea! It sounds like you’ve already got some solid experience with long-term rentals and subject-to deals. For growing a portfolio, especially with multi-family, focusing on markets with strong rental demand, affordable entry prices, and reliable local teams for property management and maintenance can make scaling much easier—especially if you’re investing out of state. Connecting with experienced operators and learning their processes early will save a lot of time and headaches.

  • Member since 2026 · 6 posts · 5 votes
    7mo

    Hey Shea, my name is Uriel, I am a newbie, me and my buddy are working on our first project in Bainbridge Island, I am looking to connect with people to possibly pick up tips and tricks to become better overtime. I also want to mention that we do level 5 drywall, sliding, decks, trim, paint. So if anyone in Seattle needs some work done for their property reach out to me, Please help me us grow, any tips are always useful thank you.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.