Exploring opportunities in the upstate NY area (East Jewett / Catskills) and starting to build a strong local network. If you’re familiar with the market or have experience in the area—especially on the real estate or property management side—I’d welcome a conversation.
Getting close to the next step and looking to connect with the right people locally. Thanks in advance!
Banker · Nationwide · Member since 2020 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
5mo
Joe,
I have several clients that have purchased in the Catskills that have had solid returns on their REI. Depends on where and what property type but its still a great location for the most part. Feel free to check out my profile and send me an email or reach out.
Exploring opportunities in the upstate NY area (East Jewett / Catskills) and starting to build a strong local network. If you’re familiar with the market or have experience in the area—especially on the real estate or property management side—I’d welcome a conversation.
Getting close to the next step and looking to connect with the right people locally. Thanks in advance!
Joe,
I offer complementary analysis on real estate markets, properties, and leases. Feel free to connect with me.
Exploring opportunities in the upstate NY area (East Jewett / Catskills) and starting to build a strong local network. If you’re familiar with the market or have experience in the area—especially on the real estate or property management side—I’d welcome a conversation.
Getting close to the next step and looking to connect with the right people locally. Thanks in advance!
Joe, love the approach—building your network before jumping in is exactly how you avoid costly mistakes, especially in a market like Catskills.
East Jewett and the surrounding areas have been seeing strong interest, particularly on the short-term rental side, but success there really comes down to:
Local property management (boots on the ground is everything)
Navigating any STR regulations or township nuances
You’re making the right move by connecting with people who already operate in that market.
As you get closer to pulling the trigger, it may also help to start thinking about how you want to structure your deals:
STR-focused financing (DSCR loans) if you're planning to rent
Bridge or rehab financing if you find something with upside
Having funding lined up can give you a serious edge in competitive pockets of the Catskills
At JCREIG Capital Funding, we work with investors expanding into markets like this and can help you structure deals based on projected income rather than personal income—which is huge for scaling.
If you ever want to run numbers on a deal or talk through financing scenarios before you lock something up, happy to connect.
Smart move getting ahead of it—this is how solid portfolios get built. Best of Luck.
Interior Decorator · Member since 2025 · 82 posts · 42 votes
5mo
If it helps — I am from the Catskills and have deep roots dating back to great grandparents. I know some of the areas extremely well. I am an STR Designer — and I work across the country designing properties. Reach out if you would like to connect.