New to wholesaling

New to wholesaling

Member since 2008 · 9 posts · 0 votes

Hi everyone. I'm 23 and run two day cares in NYC. (I've been lurking on this board for a few hours and am pleasently surprised to see so many people my age looking to do business). My husband and I have become interested in wholesaling pre-foreclosures. We are very new to real estae investing in general. We understand that it's competitive out there, but we still want to jump in on things.

I have a couple questions:

1. What is the best way to get leads for motivated sellers and the best way to contact them? Mailing postcards? The internet (foreclosures.com)? bandit signs? knocking on doors? all of the above? (ditto for buyers, although I've read that attending auctions and reia meetings are good ways to find buyers).

2. Should we work on building a sellers list first or buyers list? Or both at the same time?

Thanx in advance for any advice.

0Reply
16 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2008 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    20y

    Best bet is to try 4-5 different things. Bandit signs, magnetic signs, door hangers, mass mailings, etc.

  • Member since 2008 · 9 posts · 0 votes
    20y

    Thanx. Yeah I figured that would be the best option. Also, does anyone know where we can find the sales and assignment contracts? The board of realtors here doesn't sell them to the public. Our local stationary store didn't have the assignment contracts and the sales contracts I bought don't look anything like the ones in the wholesaling course we have. This is in NYC.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.