Votes
Jeff Conradi
  • Las Vegas, NV
Votes |
Books for new investor.

Jeff Conradi
  • Las Vegas, NV
Posted Jul 1 2012, 13:48

Hello, hopefully this is the right forum for this.

I am 24, and have been working the same job for 4 years. I have been out of college for 1 year and am without debt currently (aside from my own mortgage). After graduating I really got into the whole pay yourself first, and savings attitude. I spend almost nothing on myself and invest it all in low expense index funds (vanguard). The books I read along this avenue included the millionaire next door, all of Jack Bogles books, and the richest man in babylon. I mention these books so hopefully you can see the type of investor I'm looking to be; that is a buy and hold long term investor. I took about a year of reading books and researching before I felt confident enough to jump into something even as low maintenance as an index fund.

My real question: It seemed through reading some books that a great match to my strategy was long term buy and hold rental properties in my area (Las Vegas). I am definitely not naive enough to think I can just jump right in to what you guys do, but am eager to learn everything I can on the subject from the beginning.

tl;dr: If you could, please suggest some books and classics that I may read to get into landlording for the long term. I have looked for a bit but it seemed like no real estate investing titles jumped out as 'classic" 'must reads' like some of the investing books I had picked up in the past.

Thanks so much!

Loading replies...