• Engineer
  • Wichita, KS
Votes |
How to @Member

Terry Portier
  • Engineer
  • Wichita, KS
Posted Mar 16 2013, 06:10

I quickly looked in the how to and strategy’s sticky’s above, @ search, and looked at advanced reply. I give up! Can someone please tell me how to @member? Been here a while and still can’t figure it out, been on forums decades never seen anything like it :)?

Here maybe this will help it come up in searches better: @

Nope didn't work, nothing comes up.

User Stats

Votes
Brandon Turner#1 Questions About BiggerPockets & Official Site Announcements Contributor
  • Investor
  • Maui, HI
Votes |
Brandon Turner#1 Questions About BiggerPockets & Official Site Announcements Contributor
  • Investor
  • Maui, HI
Replied Mar 16 2013, 06:20

Hey Terry P. - here's a good tutorial: http://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/1/blog_posts/20337-at-mentions-come-to-biggerpockets

But quickly, you just click the @ sign and then type a person's name (or last name.) Underneath the text box you are typing in, the name will show up. You then click that name.

Also - you can only @ mention someone who you are colleagues with or is in the thread already.

Hope that helps! Try it out - mention me!

User Stats

Votes
Raquel Barela
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied Mar 16 2013, 06:31

Terry P. You didn't say whether you were attempting this on a mobile platform or not. But my experience has been that if you are using a mobile device (i.e. iphone, ipad, etc...) the @mention doesn't work. You'll have to use a non-mobile platform like a laptop to use the @mention.

Maybe Brandon Turner can comment some more on this.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Terry Portier
  • Engineer
  • Wichita, KS
Votes |
  • Engineer
  • Wichita, KS
Replied Mar 16 2013, 06:50

Brandon Turner Got it wow that's cool now I going to @ everyone. :)

User Stats

Votes
Jon Holdman
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Mercer Island, WA
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Mercer Island, WA
ModeratorReplied Mar 16 2013, 06:59

Sorry, this is disabled for mobile platforms. If you're connected via a non-wifi connection, the @ mention functionality makes typing very slow.

User Stats

Votes
Jerry W.
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Thermopolis, WY
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Thermopolis, WY
ModeratorReplied Mar 16 2013, 08:02

Terry P. Thanks for asking this questing it has been driving me nuts trying to figure it out.

User Stats

Votes
Jerry W.
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Thermopolis, WY
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Thermopolis, WY
ModeratorReplied Mar 16 2013, 08:05

And Thank you Brandon Turner for the taking the time to explain and help, as well as Raquel Barela, and Jon Holdman !!!

User Stats

Votes
Jesse Holmes
  • Annapolis, MD
Votes |
  • Annapolis, MD
Replied Mar 16 2013, 11:52

Jon Holdman I'm glad you mentioned it being disabled! I was going to start a post about Jquery not pulling it's weight on iOS!

User Stats

Votes
  • Investor
  • Maui, HI
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Maui, HI
Replied Mar 16 2013, 12:57

Hey Glad everyone has the @ thing down! Now you can teach others!

As a reminder to everyone also - be sure to set up some keyword alerts, especially using keywords for your location. Like, if you live in Colorado, set up "Colorado" as a keyword alert so you can be notified when people in your area introduce themselves! It's like the best way to network.

Plug over.

:)

User Stats

Votes
Uwe S.
  • Property Manager
  • Dublin, OH
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • Dublin, OH
Replied Mar 16 2013, 14:40

One note:
You can only @ all the posters of the topic or your colleagues, if you want to @ someone from BP and he is not a colleague of you or a poster in this topic it will not work.

-Uwe

User Stats

Votes
Evan G.
  • Lender
  • Davis, CA
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Davis, CA
Replied Aug 3 2013, 08:02

The @member does not seem to work. I have used it easily before and cannot figure out how it works now? Are others having the same issue?