My unit is finally ready!!!!

My unit is finally ready!!!!

Calumet City, IL · Member since 2014 · 312 posts · 49 votes

Well for those that don't know you can take a look at what I had to deal with the past several months. 

http://beta.biggerpockets.com/forums/52/topics/117232-start-eviction-porcess-or-take-tenants-word

http://beta.biggerpockets.com/forums/432/topics/129594-got-my-unit-back-without-the-sheriff

Now my contractor is done and we are putting the last finishing touches on the unit.

The newspaper and CL ads start running tomorrow. Planning to do an open house in about a week.

1Reply
24 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2008 · 319 posts · 243 votes
    12y

    Looks nice!  Matching black oven hood can be had at HD for $50.

    Curious, how much did this upgrade cost?

  • Tim CooperPro Member
    Investor · Traveling full-time · Member since 2014 · 80 posts · 20 votes
    12y

    LOL Tyler, I thought the same thing about the range hood. I have had rehabs where I had blown my budget so I repainted the range hood and it looked great. So I spent $4 instead of $50.

  • Calumet City, IL · Member since 2014 · 312 posts · 49 votes
    12y

    Wow I guess my mother was right. She said the same thing as soon as she walked in. "This hood should match your appliances."

    @Tyler Weaver 

    The cost is probably going to be just under $10K

    However I took the time while my contractor was their to do some other things....

    1. roof repair

    2. New entrance on the front of the building (door ways widened and door swing direction changed)

    3. Minor work done in adjacent apartment.

    4. Molded drywall and light fixtures replaced in the basement.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.