BiggerPockets

wholesaling with no money down

Forum Powered By:

33 posts by 26 users

To participate in forum discussions, create a free account or login.

Damion Hopkinson

Real Estate Investor from washington d.c., Washington D.C.

Oct 27 '10, 01:03 AM

How can i start wholesaling properties with no or little money

Kevin Kaczmarek

Real Estate Investor from Fishers, Indiana

Oct 27 '10, 01:20 AM
1 vote

That is a pretty broad question. There are several amazing whole sellers on here. I would suggest looking for a wholesale mentor. Maybe find a local whole seller whom you can be a "bird dog" for. Putting in the time to learn will give you the experience and knowledge to learn the in's and outs of whole selling.

Will Barnard Verified Moderator Donor

Real Estate Investor from Santa Clarita, California

Oct 27 '10, 02:07 AM

Originally posted by Damion Hopkinson:
How can i start wholesaling properties with no or little money
It takes the skill, the relationships, and the knowledge to become a wholesaler, money or no money.

The simple answer to your broad question is that it does take money to become a true wholesaler, but it does not take the full acquisition prices and it does not necessarily have to be YOUR money. (OPM)

Depending on the stratgey you use to acquire properties will determine what you need to do. For instance, choosing the REO market to wholesale will require a different stratgey and team then going after motivated home sellers and such.

Medium_be_logoWill Barnard, Barnard Enterprises, Inc.
http://www.InvestorExperts.com - For all Southern California House Flippers, Agents, and Wholesalers

Oct 27 '10, 02:08 AM

I also see this is your first post. My best advice to you is to stay active here on BP and read and interact with the membership. This will be your best resource for your education.

Get educated first, then go out and make some money.

http://www.InvestorExperts.com - For all Southern California House Flippers, Agents, and Wholesalers

Damion Hopkinson

Real Estate Investor from washington d.c., Washington D.C.

Oct 27 '10, 02:50 AM

im studying so hard right now reading books, surfing the web and talking to alot of people, just trying to educate myself. im so serious and motivated right now.

Oct 27 '10, 02:53 AM
1 vote

im studying so hard right now reading books, surfing the web and talking to alot of people, just trying to educate myself. im so serious and motivated right now.
I don't think you can find a better resource than BP Nation for your education. Stick around, fill in your profile and join in the conversations.

Champak Shah

Stone Mountain, Georgia

Oct 27 '10, 03:09 AM
2 votes

Search for "Whoelsaling" here --there is also a Group and Forum for " Whoelsaling " --

This question has been asked before by others --check all those --

Build a Buyer's List and then start looking at properties- need to learn about contracts , rehab costs, other costs and pricing wholesale
property--read Justin's blog and my comments --about costing

Laura Al-Amery

Real Estate Consultant from St Louis, Missouri

Oct 28 '10, 11:38 AM
2 votes

I agree, build a buyer's list first - then you will know what the buyers want (area and price) and then you can look for properties. I call it the Reverse Approach. Also you want these buyers to be cash buyers, so you can flip the properties to them with no money from you (you will use a Transactional Funding lender.) Good luck!

Edited Oct 28 2010, 12:34 by Administrator: Solicitation Removed

Tobi Rosario

Wholesaler from

Nov 04 '10, 09:18 AM
1 vote

The biggest misconception in realesate out there is that you need alot of money to get started.Well im here to tell you that you dont but only if you know what your doing. I have wholesaled house's with just $1 and make several thousands dollars at closing. So im here to tell you its possible just have to get the proper knowledge but that would be useless if you dont TAKE ACTION! Good luck

Bridgette Poppell

Virtual Assistant from Lehigh Acres , Florida

Sep 14 '11, 09:04 AM
1 vote

I would like to know how you wholesale with just one dollar , could you please send me some information on that or if you know of anywhere to find that information . Thank you

Rob Gillespie Verified

Real Estate Investor from Fairview Park, Ohio

Sep 14 '11, 10:00 AM

Damion,
That is the only way to wholesale. No money, No credit, No BS! You want to create good contracts on properties that would be desirable to others and sell them your interest in the contract. I would say out of everyone I mentor, this is the most popular request from people.

I did simplify it quite a bit, but it is really not much more complicated than I am explaining.

Now go get crackin on makin some offers to sell!!! :mrgreen:

Rob Gillespie, Rob The House Guy, LLC
E-Mail: [email protected]
Telephone: 330-800-9090
[email protected] 330 800 9090 RobTheHouseGuy.com

Bridgette Poppell

Virtual Assistant from Lehigh Acres , Florida

Sep 14 '11, 11:44 AM

I was told that I have to have an approval letter from the bank is there a way you can get around that rule ? what kind of contract do you put it under to where you can turn around and flip it and is it a good season to do that in Florida , SW florida to be exact?

Chris Colvard

Wholesaler from Dallas, Texas

Sep 14 '11, 11:57 AM
1 vote

You are probably talking about a "proof of funds" letter. This will be required buy realtors, banks and educated sellers. You can find them or buy them. Also, you can use a private lender who lets you use a bank statement. Also, a lot of banks may not let you use the BS anymore.

You would be wise to join a local REI Club and find a mentor to help with this.

You have not stated what type deals you plan on working. Where do you plan on finding your wholesale deals?

You will need a plan and some marketing dollars. Without that you will have a hard time even finding a deal.

As far as the contract, you can use any however, it would be best to know what others are using. Once the contract is assignable, you will need an assignment to make an assignment fee when you assign your interest in the contract.

James Hiddle

Wholesaler from Altus, Oklahoma

Sep 14 '11, 03:19 PM

Originally posted by Bridgette Poppell:
I was told that I have to have an approval letter from the bank is there a way you can get around that rule ? what kind of contract do you put it under to where you can turn around and flip it and is it a good season to do that in Florida , SW florida to be exact?

That's only if you are dealing with REO's which is a whole other kind of strategy.

Basic Wholesaling deals with FSBO's.

Curt Davis Verified Video

Real Estate Investor from Memphis, Tennessee

Sep 14 '11, 05:02 PM

Well first I want to know, are you wanting to but the properties to keep for yourself or to flip zero down? it is easier to do no money down if you plan to flip but buy and hold is a bit more tricky.

I have done both buy and hold and flip no money down many times. It is the only way I buy my own properties to keep. Good luck, it is possible.

Medium_buymemphisnow_stacksCurt Davis, Buy Memphis Now
E-Mail: [email protected]
Telephone: 901-207-8977
KAIZEN Realty 901-221-4041

Andrew Kellerman

Real Estate Consultant from Escondido, CA

Sep 16 '11, 03:31 PM

Too bad LoopNet doesn't list properties pointing out that they have a cell site. Buying these property and then flip the cell tower. [REMOVED]this is how you can earn 2 commissions or buy a property pretty much wholesale (after the flip).

Edited Sep 16 2011, 16:05 by Moderator

Omarwali Jones

Real Estate Investor from Jamaica Queens, New York

Sep 16 '11, 05:20 PM

I created a topic inquiring about contract vendee's anyone ever herd of em? As I'm curious to this whole 'no money down' thing myself

Renae Bliss

Real Estate Agent from Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Apr 14 '13, 04:49 PM

Originally posted by Will Barnard:

Depending on the stratgey you use to acquire properties will determine what you need to do. For instance, choosing the REO market to wholesale will require a different stratgey and team then going after motivated home sellers and such.

For a newbie like me, I have NO idea what is the best strategy/strategies, nor do I understand how to best "run the numbers"...

Apr 14 '13, 08:54 PM
1 vote

Renae, the answers to your two questions are quite complex and difficult to answer without knowing what exactly you are interested in doing. If wholesaling, read the wholesaling forums, if buy and hold, the landlording forums, and if rehabbing is your desire, the rehab forums.

As far as acquisitions, you do have a multitude of options for any RE path. MLS, direct marketing, probate, and each of those have sub categories like REO, short sales, etc.

Give some specific questions associated with your goal in the appropriate threads and you will get your answers.

To post a reply or start a new discussion, create a free account or login.

Manage Keyword Alerts

View All Forums