General Real Estate Investing

User Stats

Votes
N/A N/A
Votes |
Real Estate Agents and Contracts

N/A N/A
Posted Aug 3 2008, 10:57

I called an agent on two properties listed in the MLS. I emailed them my list of questions (seller qualification form) and come to find out that this agent only "listed" the property for a flat fee, and offered to represent me and get me the info that I need, CMA, etc.

I told them that I would sign a non exclusive agreement for the two properties in question. They replied that they have never heard of a non exclusive agreement, but they would write up an exclusive and only list the two properties on it. They also said that if they bring a buyer, even without signing, they by defaut will represent the seller.

So they get paid either way and gave me the choice, but added in that if I sign with them, they give a cash rebate.

My question is, will this exclusive agreement prevent me from using other realtors on other properties while I am in the process of evaluating and placing offers on the original two homes?

I didn't want to ask the agent and sound like an idiot and reduce my credibility with them.

Loading replies...