Hello from Monrovia, California!

Hello from Monrovia, California!

Real Estate Consultant · Monrovia, CA · Member since 2009 · 73 posts · 20 votes

Just started on the site. My name is Marcus McCray. I am a Realtor who's trying to exit the biz and move into the investing side of things. I also have a background in finance and consumer credit. I'm currently looking for wholesale deals and anybody or company that will fund my deals!! My goal is to start a Rent to Own business which will help people with their credit, debt, and educate them on better finances.

I have a great family including my fiancee' , 3 yr old son (in the profile pic), and stepson. In my spare time I do music and am a sports nut Go UCLA! :mrgreen:

0Reply
11 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Payson, AZ · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    16y

    Marcus, welcome to BP!

    tell us/me more about how you plan to help people with their credit.

    Reason is, I'm looking for someone I can trust(it's hard to find someone in the 'credit repair/improvement' business) that is trustworthy.

    I some L/O's where I require the tenant/buyer to be actively involved in a credit repair/improvement program to assure their ability to purchase the property from me. This is usually best done with a mortgage broker because that broker will also know what it takes to qualify the tenant/buyer to get a loan to cash me out.

  • Real Estate Consultant · Monrovia, CA · Member since 2009 · 73 posts · 20 votes
    16y

    Thanks for the welcome Nick!
    I happen to do loans through Amerisave as well as being a real estate agent.
    I used to run a credit repair business on the side and was very active as a leasing agent (helping people find rentals).
    Basically I have combined them together as a Rent to Own program helping renters repair their, reducing their debt, and finding a private owner willing to do a lease option all the while helping them get qualified for a home loan. If the client goes through me and ends up buying a home with a loan from Amerisave I refund the enrollment fee. If I can't find them a lease option property I find them an affordable short term rental until I find one or they qualify for a mortgage.
    With credit repair I help clients remove negative items from their report as well as teach them how to add positive points to their score. I keep in contact on a monthly basis to track progress. I do everything legal no creating new credit profiles etc...

    If you want I can email you some samples of my work.

  • Investor · Rancho Cucamonga, CA · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 684 votes
    16y

    Hi Marcus,

    I'm based not too far away in Rancho Cucamonga. Welcome to the site, it has a lot of great info.

    Good luck and happy investing.

  • Centennial, CO · Member since 2009 · 758 posts · 251 votes
    16y

    Welcometo Bigger Pockets. One funding option for your wholesale deals is Transactional Funding, which will provide 100% of your purchase for same-day flips.
    To your success,

  • Commercial Real Estate Broker · Moreno Valley, CA · Member since 2008 · 72 posts · 30 votes
    16y

    Hello Marcus,

    Welcome to BiggerPockets. I'm located in Riverside county.

    There's a wealth of knowlege here. Take some time reading through some of the posts, blogs, and groups that are available.

    Loretta

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.