• Frankfurt, Germany
Votes |
New Member from Frankfurt, Germany

Sascha Weinberg
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Frankfurt, Germany
Posted Oct 22 2014, 02:56

Hello BP,

first off all I have to say it was a great thing to find bigger pockets as it has really helped me alot to collect alot of information about REI in the US. My name is Sascha and I am 32 years old from Frankfurt, Germany. I used to own a house here in Frankfurt and still own another house in Bavaria but REI in Germany is really not that attractive as it is kind of hard to break-even on a monthly basis, not even to think of positive cashflow. RE prices have gone through the roof as of late and rents have not moved that much.

I have spent some time in Cleveland back in 1999 on a school exchange program, visitied my host family a couple of times since then and went on business trips to San Francisco. I also spent 6 months on Hawaii during my semester abroad.

Since I make an ok living off my dayjob I am looking for attractive investment opportunities in RE in the US and from reading here in the forums, it seems reasonable for me to start at the place I know the best which is Clevelánd. I have already been in contact with @James Wise about possible JVs in the future and he has been really helpful all the way.

As you can imagine, tax implications are a pain and I have to figure out some of the details before I get started.

I am listening to the podcasts as much as I can und read on here on a regular basis. I already found out, that getting a loan for investment purposes will be more than hard to get for me on a stand alone basis, as I dont live nor work in the US. So JVs will be the way to go for now, with the plan to purchase other rental properties down the road.

I would like to thank @Joshua Dorkin for coming up with such a great place that helps thousands of people getting closer to live their dream! BP is awesome!

I am looking forward to meet and network through BP!

Have a good one everyone!

Sascha

Loading replies...