Sweet Home Alabama Checking in

Sweet Home Alabama Checking in

Real Estate Investor · AL · Member since 2008 · 6 posts · 0 votes

Hey Guys - quick intro on me. Been in it since 2000, started buying and holding and junkers. Still have most of the junk I bought as a newbie. Started doing some flips on much nicer stuff and still trying to do some. Bought some apartments and have tried a little of everything from buying mortgages to liens and judgements to redemption rights. Oh, yeah I forgot I fought a neighborhood association, zoning board and the birmingham city attorney on a zoning issue (and won)javascript:emoticon(':protest:')
Protest. That was fun! The NA got the abc news affiliate to feature the property on the 6:00 news.

I have one employee who works for me but I am still working a full time job myself as the real estate investment cash flow is not enough to quit.javascript:emoticon(':roll:')
Rolling Eyes

I witnessed a shooting while standing in the front yard of a house I just bought with none other than my appraiser. (yeah, I know perfect timing).javascript:emoticon(':violin:')
Violin

I have learned a ton I think. Won a few and lost a few during all of this but I must say that I love it. In summary, I can tell you a lot about what not to do and little about what to do. javascript:emoticon(':wink:')
Wink

Look forward to networking with you guys

0Reply
13 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · New York, NY · Member since 2008 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    18y

    I recently read an article in National Real Estate Investor that some of the bigger cities in Alabama were some of the best markets to invest in the U.S. The primary reasons being the recent openings of large steel manufacturering and automotive assembly plants. Have you seen evidence of this? And, have you either sold or rented to anyone who works in these industries?

  • M F
    OP
    Real Estate Investor · AL · Member since 2008 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    18y

    Yeah, the economy is actually pretty good here as well as housing prices. We havent seen the depreciation that other parts of the country have. Sounds like the article is right on track with the industry coming in. RE is very affordable here. Would be a shock for me going the NY vs what we see in AL.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.