Starting out in Houston, TX

Starting out in Houston, TX

Contractor · San Angelo, TX · Member since 2009 · 3 posts · 0 votes

Hello. My name is Bill Wimberley. I have 30+ years experience in the building industry. I have been a home builder, framing contractor, commercial and residential remodeling contractor. For the past 10 years I was a home designer in Tulsa, Ok. I was laid off my job due to the slowdown. I recently moved to Houston and am going into business with a long-time friend who has the cash. Admittedly, we are newbies to real estate investing and are looking for all the information we can find to make our ventures more successful. I can design and build a house from the ground up but this investing gig is a whole new ball of wax.

0Reply
8 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Contractor · San Angelo, TX · Member since 2009 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    17y

    Thanks Dan. I appreciate your words of encouragement. :) I look forward to learning a lot here and maybe even making a few friends along the way.

  • Real Estate Investor · Bayou Vista, TX · Member since 2008 · 58 posts · 8 votes
    17y

    Welcome. There is a ton of info on here and it seems a lot of new texans on here as well.

    Chris

  • Contractor · San Angelo, TX · Member since 2009 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    17y

    Thanks Chris. Yes, there does appear to be tons of information here. It's hard to decide where to begin. And also what information to embrace and what to ignore. As in any business there are "experts" and then there are "EXPERTS!!!".

  • Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2008 · 759 posts · 185 votes
    17y

    Welcome Bill, if you are looking for a great place to learn investing, you have found it here on BiggerPockets!

    How are you liking Houston so far?

    Anything you need, feel free to ask away! We have a lot of great investment minds here, and I have yet to see a question go unanswered!

    To your success!

    ~Harrison

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.