• Wholesaler
  • Perry Hall, MD
Votes |
I need an app to organize my task better

Javon Dixon
  • Wholesaler
  • Perry Hall, MD
Posted Feb 6 2014, 21:14

Any suggestions on an ipad app for organization?? I would like to look at a calender and see what task I need to do and on which days. I have been organizing my account on podio that gives you this feature but the app does not.

User Stats

Votes
Matthew Morganstein
  • Montreal, Quebec
Votes |
  • Montreal, Quebec
Replied Feb 6 2014, 21:37

This is the app you're looking for.

And if you use that link, i'll get free space!

https://workflowy.com/

Enjoy!

Account Closed
  • Involved In Real Estate
  • Lynchburg, VA
Votes |
  • Involved In Real Estate
  • Lynchburg, VA
Replied Feb 6 2014, 21:40

Wouldn't Google Calendar do the trick? I don't put daily tasks into it but I put in appointments. Then for those appointments I put reminders which send me an email 1 day / 2 hours before.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Javon Dixon
  • Wholesaler
  • Perry Hall, MD
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • Perry Hall, MD
Replied Feb 6 2014, 21:48

@Account Closed I use google calender for my personal stuff and I want to have my RE tasks separate so I dont have to filter.

@Matthew Morganstein Thanks! I will check it out using the link

User Stats

Votes
Brian Woods
  • Investor
  • Merrillville, IN
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Merrillville, IN
Replied Feb 6 2014, 22:08

Hey @Javon Dixon , one that I've found that works great for me is - www.any.do It works on both IOS & Android. They also have a calendar app which integrates with your current google/ios calendars along with their task app. Almost forgot to mention that they also have a google chrome extension as well. Not sure if there is the same option for other browsers. Plus it integrates into gmail as well.

User Stats

Votes
Brian Woods
  • Investor
  • Merrillville, IN
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Merrillville, IN
Replied Feb 6 2014, 22:10

Looks like I messed up the website link. Here it is again:

http://www.any.do

User Stats

Votes
Javon Dixon
  • Wholesaler
  • Perry Hall, MD
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • Perry Hall, MD
Replied Feb 6 2014, 22:23

Thanks @Brian Woods I will compare the two. My IOS calender is not being used so that may be a good fit.

User Stats

Votes
Christopher Heavin
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
  • San Antonio, TX
Replied Feb 6 2014, 22:42

I use google calendar for everything! It can send pop up alerts and emails as reminders, and since I have an android phone it makes it easy to do while on the go. The only down side is it takes 1-2 minutes per entry.

User Stats

Votes
Paul Granneman
  • Investor
  • Colorado Springs, CO
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Colorado Springs, CO
Replied Feb 6 2014, 22:54

I use Evernote for the things that I need to take care of.

The best part about it is that it can be everywhere I am. We cannot take phones into our offices, so I have to use the web apps for at least eight hours a day and Evernote has been easy to use and helps organize - everything.

Also, I am sort of the local "tech" guru which means I test and evaluate all kinds of different technologies. So far there are only a few apps which are "cross platform". Currently I am testing Samsung Note 3 and Galaxy Gear (neither of which can I take to the office). Evernote works fine on Android and my company provided iPhone 5.

User Stats

Votes
Cliff Goodrich
  • Hagerstown, MD
Votes |
  • Hagerstown, MD
Replied Feb 7 2014, 04:13

FYI - you can create multiple Google calendars; 1 for personal items, 1 for business, etc., and you can either have them all display together or separately. Very flexible.

User Stats

Votes
Tyrus Shivers
  • Investor
  • Jessup, MD
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Jessup, MD
Replied Feb 7 2014, 06:38

@Javon Dixon

Take a look at Asana. It is a web application meant for setting tasks and eliminating the use of emails. You can create teams, projects, and track tasks by calendar. You can also assign team members specific tasks and projects. It is real time, so if we are both looking at a task and you type something I can see it.

I used it for business purposes and tracking because I have two teams, one in Maryland the other in Alabama and this is how we delegate tasks and follow up on them.

The program is robust. You can attach files from google or dropbox directly to it just like you could from you local drive. It has apps, I use it on my android.

Lastly, you can set up email alerts so you can recieve an email when events happen in Asana.

User Stats

Votes
Robert Macklyn
  • bangalore, Karnataka
Votes |
  • bangalore, Karnataka
Replied Feb 7 2014, 10:32

One such app that is meant for the task management and is better at organizing, prioritizing, scheduling and managing the same with high level of effectiveness is the cloud based task management tools from Replicon.

User Stats

Votes
Javon Dixon
  • Wholesaler
  • Perry Hall, MD
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • Perry Hall, MD
Replied Feb 10 2014, 13:39

Thanks @Tyrus Shivers I hope to catch you at this months meetup!

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Jesse Sumner
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Tulsa, OK
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Tulsa, OK
Replied Feb 10 2014, 13:59

I second @Paul Granneman

I use Evernote. I like the ability to setup folders and subfolders to keep items separated but organized under the same heading. It also has the ability to clip and paste information from the internet and keep it and organize it in your folders.

User Stats

Votes
Daniel Guillermo
  • Investor
  • Long Island, NY
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Long Island, NY
Replied Feb 10 2014, 14:37

I use Wunderlist for my day to day tasks. I access it from my pc and my iphone. It works great and is very helpful.

User Stats

Votes
Tyrus Shivers
  • Investor
  • Jessup, MD
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Jessup, MD
Replied Feb 10 2014, 18:23

@Javon Dixon

I will be there!

User Stats

Votes
Robert Macklyn
  • bangalore, Karnataka
Votes |
  • bangalore, Karnataka
Replied Feb 11 2014, 10:12

Well for the sake of task management and organize the same, I have been using the cloud based task management software and tools from Replicon. The reason because I like the same is only because its hassle free, featured with user friendly and calender based interface and manage the things in a better way to have the end result come out with extreme level of specification. Give it a try, I hope it will work out pretty well for you.

User Stats

Votes
Shawn M.
  • Investor
  • New Haven, CT
Votes |
  • Investor
  • New Haven, CT
Replied Feb 13 2014, 07:30

Try out Omni Focus, it is a great task organizer that syncs with your Calendar and has a great iphone/ipad App.

User Stats

Votes
Robert Macklyn
  • bangalore, Karnataka
Votes |
  • bangalore, Karnataka
Replied Feb 17 2014, 11:17

Well for the sake of task management and organize the same, I have been using the cloud based task management software and tools from Replicon. The reason because I like the same is only because its hassle free, featured with user friendly and calender based interface and manage the things in a better way to have the end result come out with extreme level of specification. Give it a try, I hope it will work out pretty well for you.

User Stats

Votes
Brian Park
  • Mississauga, Ontario
Votes |
  • Mississauga, Ontario
Replied Mar 10 2014, 08:26

@Javon Dixon I recently started using Todoist (https://todoist.com) for all my todos. I like its simple user interface, multi-platform support (I'm using it on Google Chrome as an extension, in Gmail as a plugin, on Android as an app) and powerful labelling system. It also integrates nicely with other calendar programs such as Google Calendar or Apple Calendar app by exporting iCalendar feed (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ICalendar).

Also, as @Cliff Goodrich mentioned, you can create multiple calendars on Google Calendar (see below).

Another awesome app (web app) that can help you stay organized is Trello. It's a digital kanban board (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kanban_board). Very intuitive to use and it's all free. You can also collaborate with your team members. Check out how the Trello development team is using the board at https://trello.com/b/nC8QJJoZ/trello-development for an example.

Hope this helps!

User Stats

Votes
Tom Sylvester
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Rochester, NY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Rochester, NY
Replied Mar 10 2014, 18:58

I use GQueues and have it integrated into Google Calendar. I wrote a post on it a few months ago.

Put Your Real Estate Business Management on Steroids with “GQueues”

To be honest there are a lot of great apps out there for managing tasks, it all depends on your needs and preferences.