• Rental Property Investor
  • TX (texas)
Votes |
Tax professionals and CPA

Jeremy Torres
  • Rental Property Investor
  • TX (texas)
Posted Mar 25 2024, 12:43

my current cpa has been in the business for 40+ years.  He’s about 70-75 or so.  This year I just felt like it’s complicated to keep up with my invoices and give him itemized numbers.   he wants it broken down specifically (repair, supply, maint., rent , etc)  is this normal???    I have 5 properties that seems hard for me or is that normal?   Anything y’all do that makes tax season easier?   I just had to file an extension because I bought two properties last yr and my CPA was booked up and wasn’t able to complete my return due to me ‘not having my information correct.’
I felt like I was ready, given had all my 1098 statements from the lenders. 
 I thought about doing my return through Dave ramseys tax pro. they are state based and are certified through your state.  You can upload all your invoices online (year around) and it seems like it’s more easier. Every invoice you get you can upload it on your portal and they do they need to do witht them for you.  (It is more costly though)     I gave my cpa my income & expenses per property he said that’s not enough.   I hand wrote each transaction for each property and nope that wasn’t enough.  When he said that wouldn’t work I felt like selling all 5 of my rentals on the spot!      What do y’all do to make things easier and simplified for multiple properties?? 

Loading replies...