Yellow letter marketing??

Yellow letter marketing??

Real Estate Investor · CT · Member since 2011 · 20 posts · 1 vote

How do you go about setting up a yellow letter campaign?? I guess what im trying to find out is whats needed??

Do you order the yellow letters pre-written and have the company you order them from send the letters to you and you mail them out or does the yellow letter company mail them out to your list for you?

Also as a side question to those who have used listsource, are you able to download or print off the list you purchase or do you just have access to the list while online?

Lastly, the information you get from listsource or wherever you get your list from, how do you go about transferring the name and address to the yellow letter you are mailing out?? I know its a lot of questions and what im asking may be a bit confusing but any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance guys..

0Reply
21 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Investor · Gilbert, AZ · Member since 2009 · 21 posts · 2 votes
14y

I ended up making a template and ripping off the paper from my yellow legal pad and using my copier to make them. That way when I go to send them out I just have to put in the property address and owners name. You can have a company write and mail them for you but when getting started every marketing dollar counts so I saved quite a bit doing it myself.

As far as listsource, you can download the list and print it off if you want to. And the yellow letter is handwritten, so you would just transfer it from list to letter by hand.

I hope this answers your questions. The yellow letter is a great way to get the phone ringing. Let me know how it goes or if you have anymore questions.

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Mobile Home Investor · Spanaway, WA · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 578 votes
    14y

    Did you do a search on this site for answers to these questions? This topic has been discussed numerous times so most of the info you are looking for should already be available to you to read.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2008 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    14y

    Give me a call and I would happy to discuss how to order them or create them yourself. As for listsource you'll download a data file. However you may find that it's
    More cost affective to buy the list from your yellow letter mail provider.

  • Real Estate Investor · Gilbert, AZ · Member since 2009 · 21 posts · 2 votes
    14y

    I ended up making a template and ripping off the paper from my yellow legal pad and using my copier to make them. That way when I go to send them out I just have to put in the property address and owners name. You can have a company write and mail them for you but when getting started every marketing dollar counts so I saved quite a bit doing it myself.

    As far as listsource, you can download the list and print it off if you want to. And the yellow letter is handwritten, so you would just transfer it from list to letter by hand.

    I hope this answers your questions. The yellow letter is a great way to get the phone ringing. Let me know how it goes or if you have anymore questions.

  • Real Estate Investor · CT · Member since 2011 · 20 posts · 1 vote
    14y

    Thanks for the response. Im looking at different ways to go about mailing out yellow letters. The info about listsource was helpful as I believe ill use them to gather my mailing list.

  • Real Estate Consultant · Sparks, NV · Member since 2010 · 17 posts · 7 votes
    14y

    Hi Shawn,

    You can have letters written and mailed out for you or shipped to you for you to mail out yourself. There are advantages and disadvantages to each approach.

    We actually personalize the letters by hand, and another (cheaper) approach is to use a mail merge.

    There are numerous templates to choose from for your verbiage, or you can create your letter. You can see some templates on our website here: http://yellowletterscomplete.com/yellow-letters/yellow-letter-templates

    We'd be happy to walk you through it.

  • Real Estate Investor · CT · Member since 2011 · 20 posts · 1 vote
    14y

    Thanks Troy. I actually just learned about mail merge with word and have been messing with it over the past few hours using data from spread sheets that I created in Excel. It works so well, all I have to do is come up with a really good message and I can have 900 individual letters in 10 minutes or less. I also found some really good handwritten fonts for free online and legal pad paper is fairly inexpensive. Im gonna take the initiative and do it myself and save a few hundred bucks.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.