How should I file my EIN for a typical fix-and-flip company. I have already registered with my state in GA. It will be me and my dad running this company as the owners. I need advice on how to structure this business with IRS for maximum tax benefits?
Real Estate Consultant · Colorado Springs, CO · Member since 2014 · 86 posts · 64 votes
3y
@Noman Aslami It would depend on the entity you chose, which it sounds like you did already?? But to @Basit Siddiqi's point, it's something that can be obtained from the IRS and we always make sure that we obtain the immediately-available PDF so you have the EIN right away, rather than opting for the letter delivery, which takes a couple weeks from the IRS.
To the other point, the question is whether the volume of the activities will justify the entity being taxed as an s-corp. But something for you and a CPA to review. Also, keep in mind that an LLC has tax flexibility, which means you can choose (with guidance from a CPA) on how to treat it for taxes to maximize tax savings.