Real Estate Investing Career Plans

Real Estate Investing Career Plans

Contractor · 08234 · Member since 2016 · 253 posts · 178 votes

Hi Everyone,

I'm a big believer in writing out your goals and visions for the future and having a plan on how to get there. I have just finished my 5 yr business plan for the beginning of my investment career and I wanted to see who else has written out their goals? Who has an innovative way to do Flips and Holds? Who has a great strategy to succeed in todays market? What are some goals and visions that you have for the future?

I thought it would be fun to share! One of my goals is to raise enough passive income monthly through investing in South Jersey, Philadelphia, and Central Jersey so I can support my family and buy food on a frequent basis for my local food banks. Me and my wife were homeless at one point and being hungry really hits home for us.

I look forward to hearing your responses,

William Lees Jr

3Reply
14 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Fairfield-New Haven-Hartford County, CT · Member since 2013 · 825 posts · 413 votes
    10y

    @Account Closed such admirable plans and amazing how far you've come! Can't wait to see you succeed and give back.

    Keep on inspiring!

  • Contractor · 08234 · Member since 2016 · 253 posts · 178 votes
    10y

    @Jonathan Makovsky Thanks! What are some of your goals in real estate?

    William Lees Jr

  • Robert MotchPro Member
    Investor · Holmdel, NJ · Member since 2015 · 53 posts · 23 votes
    10y

    @Account Closed very commendable! Keep writing down your plans and dreams. They will happen!

    As I get focused on my real estate investing plan (I just closed on the first property that I ever purchased solely to be a long term buy and hold), my goal is $20k/month in passive income from SFRs in 10 years.

  • Contractor · 08234 · Member since 2016 · 253 posts · 178 votes
    10y
    Hi Robert Motch , That's an awesome goal! Congrats on buying your first long term hold! Thanks for sharing! What area was you hold in and what made you buy it? William Lees Jr
  • Robert MotchPro Member
    Investor · Holmdel, NJ · Member since 2015 · 53 posts · 23 votes
    10y

    Property is in Hilton Head, SC. Learned the area/made contacts through vacationing there and knowing people who owned rentals there. I want to buy properties that I would love in and raise my family in. The numbers made much more sense in Hilton Head than NJ and the price point was much better for me.

  • Investor · Honolulu, HI · Member since 2016 · 362 posts · 93 votes
    10y

    I wish you the best on your RE journey @Account Closed. My investing career plan remains unwritten due to lack of knowledge but I know for sure that I want to have enough passive income to exceed 4x my family's monthly expenses. My 3 children are under the age of 6 right now so I'm trying to prepare for the future when the really  start to take a hit on my wallet.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.