RE tax advisor in San Francisco Bay Area

RE tax advisor in San Francisco Bay Area

Investor · Burlingame, CA · Member since 2016 · 63 posts · 3 votes

Hello,

I am in the San Francisco Bay Area and I am looking for a tax advisor who can provide advice on tax/ cash flow implications of putting RE investment properties and property management under LLC(s) as opposed to individual ownership. I would appreciate any referrals from the group. Many thanks

0Reply
15 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2016 · 192 posts · 95 votes
    10y

    I'm no CPA, but my understanding is that LLCs are pass through entities and don't really offer tax advantages. Their main purpose is for asset protection. (At a high level) The main financial implication is that you may have additional fees for the LLC. In CA for instance, there is an $800 a year tax.

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · San Mateo, CA · Member since 2013 · 585 posts · 264 votes
    10y

    @Constantia Petrou reach out to @Brandon Hall. He is not based in the Bay but he will be able to advise you well.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.