Do I really need a federal tax ID and LLC?

Do I really need a federal tax ID and LLC?

Windham, NH · Member since 2017 · 12 posts · 3 votes

We are just starting out and hope to get our first flip property in a month or so. We established an LLC in our state but do I need a federal tax ID if I want to set up a bank account just for the LLC?

Thanks for any advice!

0Reply
6 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2016 · 736 posts · 582 votes
    9y
    If it's a single member LLC then no, you don't need a separate tax ID. It is nice to have though so you don't have to provide your personal social security number on certain transactions (banks will still require it and you'll still be required to provide your social security number when you provide a W-9 to anyone)
  • Member since 2016 · 13k+ posts · 12k+ votes
    9y

    I don't know about the tax ID but you do not need a LLC, just adequate insurance. Unless you have actual employees.

  • Upper Marlboro, MD · Member since 2016 · 46 posts · 10 votes
    9y

    @Thomas S. It has been many post on this topic in the past, If you search LLC it will show the past discussions. I hope they help.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.