What are your Investing Goals for 2011?

What are your Investing Goals for 2011?

Mobile Home Investor · Spanaway, WA · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 578 votes

As the year of 2010 winds down, it is time to think about those New Year Resolutions or Goals for 2011. By having written Goals - you have a roadmap to follow. Checking your Goals daily, weekly or monthly helps to keep you on track!

Our goals for 2011 is to get more financial education to be able to survive in the coming rough years. Perhaps sell a property and roll the proceeds into a 1031 exchange for another property. Still have about a month to solidify things for the next year!

Happy Holidays and Happy Investing for 2011!

0Reply
18 views

Most Popular Reply

Private Money Lender · Omaha, NE · Member since 2010 · 146 posts · 47 votes
15y

Together with my colleagues, raise the maximum funds per our operating agreement for the present investment Fund; close it to new investors & then form subsequent Funds, meeting our fund-raising goals with each! Also, surpass investor expectations for return on investment, which makes subsequent fund-raising goals easier to meet!

See this reply in the discussion

19 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Attorney · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    15y

    Selling everything this year and possibly doing a couple flips but haven't defined the flip part yet. Not quitting, I'm just on to a next phase that I will need the money and attention for.

  • Real Estate Investor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2009 · 180 posts · 8 votes
    15y

    I won't be home from kuwait until August or so of next year, however I want to get my 4 unit with the Va loan I'll live in. Get a realtor license and work for First Weber Group and brokers license in Wisconsin to start a Property Management company. Veteran Real Estate Property Management, LLC.

    plus an additional 6-8 units that cashflow 600-800 a month I offcourse will manage myself.

    I have been considering purchasing a sports bar in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Theres one on the market now for $220,000.

    HIGH FIVE!!!!!!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Seminole, FL · Member since 2010 · 859 posts · 316 votes
    15y

    I also want to get my Realtor license early next year. I need that to leverage my buyers list better.

    And I want to be consistently flipping 4+ properties per month by mid year.

  • Private Money Lender · Omaha, NE · Member since 2010 · 146 posts · 47 votes
    15y

    Together with my colleagues, raise the maximum funds per our operating agreement for the present investment Fund; close it to new investors & then form subsequent Funds, meeting our fund-raising goals with each! Also, surpass investor expectations for return on investment, which makes subsequent fund-raising goals easier to meet!

  • Mobile Home Investor · Spanaway, WA · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 578 votes
    15y

    Jimmy C.
    There are pros and cons to getting a realtor license. I personally feel it hamstrings you, but others really enjoy the access to the MLS. Hope it works out the way you envision it to work for you!! Enjoy all the fees of membership and contributing to the political action fund to bribe politicians in your favor. Happy investing in 2011!

  • Mobile Home Investor · Spanaway, WA · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 578 votes
    15y

    Kevin:
    Looks like you will be busy in the New Year! You have a definite vision as to where you are and where you want to be. You know the steps to take to reach your vision. Many do not have that - congratulations on being well-focused!

  • Mobile Home Investor · Spanaway, WA · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 578 votes
    15y

    Anthony:
    Get the cash flow coming in first and then go for that sports bar. You certainly have a plate full of plans for when you return to the USA. Thanks for your service and hope all your goals are achieved.

  • Private Money Lender · Omaha, NE · Member since 2010 · 146 posts · 47 votes
    15y

    Thanks Dale. Your words of encouragement are appreciated. Good thread, by the way!

  • Mobile Home Investor · Spanaway, WA · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 578 votes
    15y

    I thought I was being the firstest with the mostest, but I see there was a thread already started on Goals for 2011. I owe the others an apology for not checking before jumping into the pool!

  • Real Estate Investor · Walled Lake, MI · Member since 2010 · 121 posts · 66 votes
    15y

    Goals are very important to setup, but you cannot forget about them. One of the best things you can do is write them down, but make them visible. Hang them up somewhere, write them on a sticky note and post it in a location you will see often.

    Making your goals a daily thought will drive them into your head and keep you thinking about them. If you keep thinking about them you will keep focusing on how to achieve them. I don't know how many times I've written down goals forgot about them, and then came back to them 6 months later, and I had literally forgotten the details of what I had written.

    Remember write them down, but review them often...

  • Landlord · Seattle, WA · Member since 2010 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    15y

    Dale,

    I'm looking at investing in one or two commercial properties in the coming year. I also intend to purchase an office space that has additional spaces that I can lease out.

    I will be reviewing other kinds of RE opportunities as well in 2011 and plan on researching development possibilities on existing properties.

    All in all, I expect 2011 to be a profitable year.

  • Mobile Home Investor · Spanaway, WA · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 578 votes
    15y

    Todd:
    That is some good advice - just writing them down and not following through is not very effective!

  • Mobile Home Investor · Spanaway, WA · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 578 votes
    15y

    Charles:
    You have a full plate on your shoulders. I hope you are able to follow through on all of these goals. One or two more commercial properties will help with the bottom line. Office space - make sure it is not too big - we had a 31,000 SF office building once and were glad to get out from under it. Other opportunities and looking into development of existing property. Always looking at increasing that overall cash flow. You are quite well prepared to attack the New Year of 2011!

  • Landlord · Seattle, WA · Member since 2010 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    15y

    Dale, I'm looking at an office space right now that could prove ideal. The price is right, zoning will allow for further development down the road and it will meet some of my other personal needs. Not likely to close on this deal until Feb or March. I'm actively perusing a couple of apartments as well.

    My intention with the office space is to hold it for 5 years, develop the property and then 1031 exchange into something else.

  • Mobile Home Investor · Spanaway, WA · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 578 votes
    15y

    Also thought you were persuing an apartment this year - did that one go through? I think your posts said it was in Bremerton. Talk about diversifying within the category of real estate. You have your fingers into several different pots and seem to be doing rather well - congratulations!

  • Landlord · Seattle, WA · Member since 2010 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    15y

    The Bremerton apartment deal is on the back burner. The deal is not dead but is on hold. It sometimes takes time for sellers to wake up to what a property is really worth. They have another investor looking at it based on the overstated financials. Not likely that they will pay the price the seller is hoping for though.

  • Homeowner · Walla Walla, WA · Member since 2010 · 82 posts · 21 votes
    15y

    We're planning on buying up houses in Vegas (our second home) and slowly building up the neighborhoods that have gone to hell in a montana.

    Then, I'd like buy some stock... Warren Buffet style... buy and hold for 5 years.

  • Mobile Home Investor · Spanaway, WA · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 578 votes
    15y

    Annelise:
    If you do decide to get into stocks - make sure either you have a good financial understanding as to what you are getting into or have someone advising you (not the stock sales broker). Let the group know how you do in the market!

  • Private Money Lender · Omaha, NE · Member since 2010 · 146 posts · 47 votes
    15y

    Good advise, Dale! :)

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.