Rental Property Investor · Niagara Falls, Ontario · Member since 2022 · 18 posts · 2 votes
Hey crew, I've found a property in my current market that I believe is a great flip or BRRR opportunity. I don't currently have the capital for said deal so I've been looking into wholesaling it. I'm looking for some help with structuring the deal, or someone who has experience with similar deals in Canada. PM me!
Investor · EDMONTON · Member since 2023 · 3 posts · 1 vote
2y
Hey Diaken,
Wholesaling can be as easy as just searching around for people in your direct communities (friends, BP, at real-estate get togethers) and letting them know about deal with the understanding you'd like a finders fee. Often, when the deal is undeniably good, the wholesaler gets the property under contract before approaching others. IN Alberta, there is something called a "skip transfer" which allows you to have the title transferred directly into the final purchasers name from the original vendor, without it having to be transferred to you in between. Lastly, an option is to get the property under contract under you name, but adding "or nominee" afterwards, so that it is within legal allowances to assign the contract to another person.
Is this property in Edmonton, or Ft. Mac. I am currently in Edmonton and looking for a new project, so perhaps I'll be your purchaser! Feel free to send me a DM and we can exchange emails if you'd like.