FTHB OOS REI Multifamily Advice

FTHB OOS REI Multifamily Advice

Member since 2024 · 35 posts · 20 votes

Hello all! 
25 Yo from SoCal. Been researching for the last couple weeks and just got pre approved with my friend who is a lender for up to 600k purchase price on an investment property loan with 20% down. Ideally though I'd like to keep it 400k or less. Unless I find something I really like. 

Been looking in Columbus, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, and Indianapolis. So far Columbus seems to be my favorite and I think I will focus my efforts there. I'm open to anything 4 units or less. I am leaning towards something that is more turn key ready since it is my first time. Small repairs would be ok If I can find a team that I like.

It seems a lot of the homes in these areas are very old, and lots of them brick. Should I prioritize brick over wood? I've read they last far longer, more weather proof. Another question I had regarding Ohio, are property taxes higher for OOS investors? The places I was looking at had around 1.5-1.7% prop tax. 

I will need an Agent, Property Managers, and maybe contractor/ Handyman. If you have any recs it would be much appreciated! 


Thanks from San Diego,
Josh



7Reply
48 views

Most Popular Reply

Min ZhangBusiness Member
Real Estate Agent · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
2y

Hey Josh, I am always down to talk about real estate investing in Columbus, Ohio. I started off with a duplex in 2020 and now have a solid portfolio of rentals with my partner. 

I invest locally in Columbus Ohio. I can send you a list of contacts in Ohio to help you build your team, property manager. Let me know how I can help!

See this reply in the discussion

25 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
    Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.