Can I really get wealthy?

Can I really get wealthy?

New to Real Estate · Westchester County, NY · Member since 2020 · 18 posts · 25 votes

Just got a 56k job in westchester county NY and I'm still living with my parents. I'm 28 and spend about 1500 a month in expenses. Can I really invest in real estate? What would be the best route? FHA loan? Short tem rental? Invest elsewhere than NY? Condo? Invest in stocks?

6Reply
644 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Somewhere over the Rainbow · Member since 2021 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
10mo

What's the $1500 a month for since you're living with your parents? 

Side note - living with family is a really underrated 'get wealthy' tactic. For some reason the US pushes independence the day you turn 18. That's literally the hardest way to do things. 

If I was you, personally I'd invest in the stock market for now. Then I would use RE to diversify. Take the extra time you are saving from investing in stocks over RE and look into creating/buying/owning a business - ideally a service based business. 

What field is your job in?

See this reply in the discussion

35 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
    Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.