Custom Interiors Looking for the Right Connections

Custom Interiors Looking for the Right Connections

Member since 2025 · 1 post · 1 vote

Hi everyone,

My name is Marcos, and I’m based in Sarasota, FL.
I’m starting a new venture focused on high-end custom interiors, including architectural woodwork, built-ins, wall panels and stone feature walls.

Although I’m new as an entrepreneur in this specific market, I have hands-on experience in the trade and a strong background in custom execution and premium finishes. My goal is to connect with the right partners, not just clients.

I’d love advice on:

  • Who should I be connecting with first? (architects, designers?)

  • What partnerships have worked best for you when launching a specialty trade business?

  • Any groups, meetups or professionals you recommend in the Sarasota / Tampa Bay area?

Looking forward to learning from the community and contributing as well.
Thanks in advance!

1Reply
44 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Landers, CA · Member since 2016 · 38 posts · 59 votes
    7mo

    Hey Marcos - congrats on your new venture! 

    I'm in a related part of the industry (3D visualization and layout support for interiors and built-ins), and while I’m not local to Sarasota, I’ve seen specialty fabricators build solid relationships by connecting with:

    • Independent interior designers – often looking for trusted fabricators
    • High-end residential contractors – especially those who care about detail
    • Architects focused on custom homes – they value partners with strong finish execution

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.