Off Market Deal

Off Market Deal

Solomon BrownPro Member
Greenville, SC · Member since 2026 · 8 posts · 4 votes

Is Facebook really the best place to find off‑market deals? I’m not convinced. To me it feels like the wild wild west — no structure, no direction, and a whole lot of noise. I see value in being present on Facebook, but relying on it as a primary deal source doesn’t seem sustainable. I’m curious how others here approach off‑market leads and what channels you’ve found to be more consistent and relationship‑driven.

0Reply
85 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · Boston, MA · Member since 2021 · 125 posts · 64 votes
    7mo

    Here, REI meetups, networking with agents. Facebook is pretty good in the smaller focused groups on a specific area, the big ones are out of control spam.

    • Solomon BrownPro Member
      OP
      Greenville, SC · Member since 2026 · 8 posts · 4 votes
      7mo

      @Michael Wyatt I agree. For people starting out. How would they find the meet ups in their areas?

  • J CastroBusiness Member
    Lender · Florida · Member since 2025 · 695 posts · 246 votes
    7mo
    Quote from @Solomon Brown:

    Is Facebook really the best place to find off‑market deals? I’m not convinced. To me it feels like the wild wild west — no structure, no direction, and a whole lot of noise. I see value in being present on Facebook, but relying on it as a primary deal source doesn’t seem sustainable. I’m curious how others here approach off‑market leads and what channels you’ve found to be more consistent and relationship‑driven.


    I agree with you — Facebook can produce deals, but it’s rarely a sustainable primary source.

    It’s great for:
       • Visibility
       • Networking
       • Spot opportunities in local groups
       • Light relationship building

    But you’re right — it’s noisy, inconsistent, and often reactive instead of strategic.

    From what we see working consistently, the more reliable off-market channels tend to be:

       1. Direct-to-owner outreach
           Targeted mail, cold calling, and niche lists (probate, tax delinquent, tired landlords). It’s more work, but it’s predictable and scalable.

       2. Agent relationships
           Agents sitting on stale listings, canceled deals, or pocket listings are a goldmine when you build real rapport.

       3. Wholesaler partnerships
           Not just blasting emails — actual relationship-based partnerships with a few serious operators.

       4. Local networking
           Meetups, REIAs, property managers, contractors — boots-on-the-ground relationships consistently outperform social media noise.

        5. Data + Systems
            When you combine list stacking, CRM follow-up, and consistent touchpoints, off-market becomes a process — not luck.

    Facebook works best as a supplement, not a system.

    The most consistent investors I see treat off-market like a pipeline business — multiple channels, disciplined follow-up, and relationship-first positioning.

    Curious — are you focusing more on single-family, small multifamily, or something else?

    JCREIG Capital Funding
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.