FSBO

FSBO

Real Estate Investor · New Castle, DE · Member since 2014 · 20 posts · 9 votes

I have been dabbling in REI for a few months now. Going to meetups, reia's and workshops. I've learned so much but the fact remained that I was afraid to get started. I guess I was in analysis paralysis. I was afraid of messing up, saying or doing the wrong thing, etc. I made myself believe that I needed to learn more before I begin. Well, I was driving down the road the other day and saw a fsbo sign. Of course I let fear take over and I kept driving. After passing the sign 3 times something in me said Krystal don't be a punk call the number. I took down the number, called and left a message on the VM. The seller called me back we spoke for a few and it built up some confidence in me. It all starts with the belief that you can do it. It's not that I wouldn't do it. I just made myself believe that I couldn't do it. But I did! This meant the world to me. No matter how many people tell you that you can sometimes all you need is to believe it for yourself. The "real" learning begins when you get out there and just do it! Revelatory moment for me!

Have a great Friday!

1Reply
24 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Riverside, RI · Member since 2014 · 70 posts · 28 votes
11y

@Krystal Richardson Congratulations on taking the first step.  Making the first step is important for building confidence and I think its great that your confidence is building, keep it up.  Don't give up on building those connections, they can lead you to great success.  

I wish you the best in the future!

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2013 · 465 posts · 170 votes
    11y

    @Krystal Richardson 

    Now I want to know did anything come out of calling that FSBO number?

  • Miami, FL · Member since 2012 · 612 posts · 189 votes
    11y

    So... you called. Now what? What will you do with the information? Is it a viable deal? Are you looking to buy and hold, fix and flip or wholesale? The first call is only the first step. What is next?

  • Real Estate Investor · New Castle, DE · Member since 2014 · 20 posts · 9 votes
    11y

    it was another investor. He just rehabbed the property. Calling him later to see how we can work together on future deals.

  • Real Estate Agent · Riverside, RI · Member since 2014 · 70 posts · 28 votes
    11y

    @Krystal Richardson Congratulations on taking the first step.  Making the first step is important for building confidence and I think its great that your confidence is building, keep it up.  Don't give up on building those connections, they can lead you to great success.  

    I wish you the best in the future!

  • Real Estate Investor · New Castle, DE · Member since 2014 · 20 posts · 9 votes
    11y
     @Marc Carlson:

    Thank you.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.