Lithia Springs, GA · Member since 2016 · 13 posts · 2 votes
Hello BP family! I'm just now starting off in real estate and I have set goals and action plans for myself. I'm actually looking a mentor in the Atlanta area. What are some ways I could possible find some?
Covington, GA · Member since 2014 · 295 posts · 93 votes
10y
Hi Shawntavia, Welcome to B.P.. IMO, to find a mentor can be a challenge. You want to find the right fit for mentor and mentee. Perhaps networking with the many REIA meetups in Atlanta is the way to go. I have attended several and I have to say that there are many knowledgeable persons in Atlanta that could serve as a potential mentor. Perhaps B.P. is an option as well. There are many topics on finding mentors that could serve as a stepping stone. Read, Analyze, Participate, anything to get what we all came to see...results! Just thoughts...good luck. Hope to see you in future deals.
Investor · Suwanee, GA · Member since 2015 · 127 posts · 34 votes
10y
Welcome to BP @Shawntavia Bell! @Jay Dewberry is correct. Take your time before trying to find a mentor. I'm sure that as you engage people on the site and the local meet-ups you will develop a relationship with some organically. Also, educate yourself as much as possible. There is plenty of free education on the forums as well as the podcasts. When you do meet others, you want to be able to engage them intelligently on certain topics. This is what will help you to develop the relationships.
Last tip, make sure you set-up keyword alerts for any topics you may be interested in (e.g. short sales, Lithia Springs, mentor, etc...).
Enjoy your journey and reach out if you need help.