Investor · Cupertino, CA · Member since 2016 · 83 posts · 9 votes
Hey I currently own a portfolio including SFR and condos. I am thinking to do a cash out refinance on my existing rental properties ( both free a d clear and and properties with existing mortgage ) use the money as a downpayment that to buy more real estate . Is this a right approach ? Should I invest in multifamily or SFR or condos ? The reason I invest in condos as SFR are really expensive and have negative cash flow on Bay Area . What do you suggest in this case ?
Professional · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2014 · 876 posts · 301 votes
10y
Hi @Sameer Jain, if you're an accredited investor, you have other options to invest into multi-family properties only availble to 8.5% of the US population. You might consider investment into DSTs (Delaware Statutory Trusts). They are hands-off, institutional grade real estate investments, and they allow you the option to diversify. You get potential cash flow, tax shelter and appreciation. Loans are non-recourse. Feel free to connect with me here on BP, happy to help. - Leslie