Seattle or Denver for REI

Seattle or Denver for REI

Salt Lake City, UT · Member since 2016 · 9 posts · 0 votes

In 1 year I will have the opportunity to move to either the greater Denver area or greater Seattle area.  Specifically, I need to be within 90 minutes of DEN or SEA(airports) as I travel for my job.  Both areas have pluses and minuses in my book and I would enjoy living in both areas.

My question for the community is for a brand new investor, which area has the most potential opportunities for BRRR or flipping? Again, while I need to live within 90 mins of the airport, I am fine with traveling to my "farm area".

I am leaning towards Denver as Seattle seems extremely expensive for a young professional trying to get into REI. However, my concern about Denver/CO is the market seems saturated from everything I am reading.

Thanks!

Edit: While it would be great to make $50k-$100k on deals, I would like to start out with cheaper homes (lower risk and lower reward) at least while I am learning the industry

0Reply
52 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · East Wenatchee, WA · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 16k+ votes
    9y

    If you don't like rain, choose Denver.  We lived in Denver for 5 years and loved it.  I like Seattle in August and that's when we visit.

    Search for Ryland Taniguchi's (sp?)  post on why flipping in Seattle no longer makes sense.  He knows his stuff.

    Good luck @Chase Harmon!

  • Bill S.Pro Member
    Moderator
    Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2013 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    9y

    @Chase Harmon personally I prefer Denver but then I live here. At any rate, I don't think either market favors flipping and BRRRR is challenging as well. Live where you want to live and then figure out how to invest there. It can be done, it just takes time.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.