Learning residential appraisal for multi (2-3 hshld) rental homes

Learning residential appraisal for multi (2-3 hshld) rental homes

Queens, NY · Member since 2017 · 2 posts · 0 votes

Hello, new member here.  I just started reading and about 1/2 way through the Ultimate Beginners Guide to Real Estate Investing.

I've been wanting to purchase a multifamily home as a Buy and Hold for passive income and build from there, for years.   I just didn't know where to get started.

I'm really not familiar with all the legal red tape to go through in purchasing real estate and maybe have 10k at tops.

Is it worth while to take an appraisal course somewhere, how do you find deals on properties and can you find properties with down payments of that amount?

Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks.

PS - I'm in lower NYS but would consider properties in upstate NY for lower costs/down payments.

0Reply
5 views

No replies yet. Be the first to reply to this discussion.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.