Seller Financing Your First Deal?

Seller Financing Your First Deal?

Rental Property Investor · Member since 2018 · 12 posts · 3 votes

I'm interested to see if anyone has either performed seller financing on their first deal, or if they know of anyone who has!

I'm looking at a self-directed IRA for a real estate investment with some retirement funds set aside, but in terms of first deals not with retirement funds, any duplexes, triplexes, or quads that you've heard of seller financing for the first deals would be greatly appreciated to learn more!

Alternatively, if you're aware of any books or sites that speak to this in greater detail, I'd love to discuss and learn more.

Thanks!

Adam

A new and motivated real estate investor

0Reply
17 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jonathan GreeneBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Madison, NJ · Member since 2016 · 6k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    6y

    There is plenty of info out there about it, but it's not easy to find and complete a seller-financed transaction without experience. It can be done, but you are looking for a particular type of seller. One who does not need lump sum money to live and/or doesn't want to pay capital gains and would rather get monthly payments as a sort of social security. The real question is what are you doing in marketing to find these types of sellers?

  • Rental Property Investor · Member since 2018 · 12 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    @Jonathan Greene thank you for the input! Currently I've been going to meetups and workshops to discuss, although I had a hunch that doing seller financing as a first deal would be an uphill battle. Agreed that focusing on target audiences who would want the income to buffer a social security or retirement monthly annuity-type payment would be best.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.