Ease of acquiring mortgage on duplex vs single fam/multiplex

Ease of acquiring mortgage on duplex vs single fam/multiplex

Orchard Park, NY · Member since 2012 · 82 posts · 1 vote

So I think I may be shifting my direction for my first investment property from a multiplex, to a duplex. I have my personal reasons for this, but I have a few questions.

Are duplex's typically easier to qualify/get a loan for? I'll more than likely be using a VA home owners loan.. but will go with the best option of course. But I'm under the impression that duplexes tend to be a tad bit easier to qualify for due to incorporating the rental properties income (or half of it anyhow)

0Reply
2 views

No replies yet. Be the first to reply to this discussion.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.