Presale Condo vs Resale townhome- different area same price

Presale Condo vs Resale townhome- different area same price

Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 0 votes

Here is my situation- I am pulling equity from my home just outside of Vancouver BC for a downpayment on either a presale condo or a resale townhome.

The Condo is located in Port Moody and will be a 1 bedroom for 530k and rented for about 1900-2000 when it comes to market in 2 years.  My thought is though that the area will have a few other new builds coming to market in the next 2 years too so I hope that the market isn't flooded with rentals. 

Option 2 is a resale townhome in Langley BC- 3 bedroom for 530k that would rent for 2200 immediately and cover the mortgage with 20% down. 

I like the idea of a 1 bedroom because it is less maintenance (in my mind) vs renting to a family with children who will wreck havoc on my rental.  But then if I can rent this townhome out from the second i take money out of the bank it seems like that's the safer and better bet.   I also believe though that the market in Port Moody where the condo is will appreciate more (seems like this isn't something I should factor in according to my BP reading though)

FIrst time post thanks for any questions or guidance in my new realm of investment!

0Reply
5 views

No replies yet. Be the first to reply to this discussion.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.