Leaving 6 Figure Corporate Job For Property Manager

Leaving 6 Figure Corporate Job For Property Manager

Real Estate Professional · Member since 2017 · 1 post · 0 votes

I currently work as a manager at a large accounting firm specifically doing IT auditing, but have been looking into making a switch full time to real estate. My dad has a couple commercial and residential properties I manage for him, but I wanted to get more exposure and experience than I am currently getting. I have spoken with a couple of friends who have worked as property managers and leasing agents professionally to get a sense of their experiences, and this is the type of experience that I am looking to get.

I wanted to get a sense on if giving up a 6 figure salary to join a company as a property manager would set me back in my ultimate goals of acquiring properties and holding them for the cash flow (due to losing significant wages and saving cash slower than I am now). My thought is that the connections and relevant work experience that I would get while working as a property manager would outweigh the 50k or so in lost salary for a few years until I learn enough to start acquiring and renting properties. The company I am considering also acquires and develops properties, so I would also be getting exposed to the thought process behind targeting properties and seeing how they get developed.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thank you

0Reply
11 views

No replies yet. Be the first to reply to this discussion.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.