What type of AIA contract should I use for an ADU build?

What type of AIA contract should I use for an ADU build?

Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 2 votes

I'm currently working on a project to build a 934 sq ft (2 bed/2 bath) ADU on the Bay Area. It was recommended to me to use an AIA contract with my contractor, however I'm not sure which one to use because there's a bunch of them listed in there. At this point, I'm trying to decide between the 101-2017 and the 105-2017. 

I would have gone with the 105-2017, but it doesn't have a section for bonds. Therefore, I'm leaning towards the 101-2017, which is more comprehensive, but might be a big overkill and I would need to input more information. 

Does anyone have a recommendation? Has anyone used the AIA contract between you and the contractor for an ADU build? If so, which one did you use?

0Reply
21 views

No replies yet. Be the first to reply to this discussion.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.