Should I use an FHA loan in a partnership?

Should I use an FHA loan in a partnership?

New to Real Estate · MA · Member since 2020 · 36 posts · 23 votes

If a friend and I use an FHA loan to invest in a rental property, do we both need live in the house for a year?

I am a college student who has the money and credit to invest in my first property, but not the income needed to qualify for the loan. I was thinking partnering with my friend who runs his own business and does very well for himself and invest in it 50/50. He runs most of his business out of where he currently lives, so if we went that route could I be the only occupant of the property so that he can still focus on his business? I understand that partnering up with friends can be risky, but we are both very disciplined and have been interested in this for a while. I'd appreciate any insight, thanks.

0Reply
5 views

No replies yet. Be the first to reply to this discussion.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.