Lender Says he can call note due at any point!

Lender Says he can call note due at any point!

Rental Property Investor · Clementon. NJ · Member since 2019 · 116 posts · 25 votes

Hey guys,

I'm househacking in New Jersey. I was refinancing my loan out of an FHA into a conventional when the loan officer and I were discussing the rates and all. Then, I asked him, what my chances of applying for an FHA after would be. He then proceeded to tell me he can't then apply me for a conventional loan, it must be for an investment property, and can they can potentially call my loan note due if i don't use it as a primary home. I am staying there currently, but then can I not move out at all without turning into an investment type loan? Rates are much higher and I may not be able to refinance then. I don't want to do anything illegal or anything to put me at risk of the loan note being called due. What should I do/ how are other people getting loans for their second property?

Sincerely,

Shivam Patel

4Reply
72 views

Most Popular Reply

Zack KarpPro Member
Lender · Schaumburg, IL · Member since 2015 · 833 posts · 774 votes
5y

@Shivam Patel it's very simple. Any loan for a primary residence...whether it be a purchase or refinance, whether it's Conventional, FHA, or VA...you will be signing a legal document at closing called a Mortgage, that states you are going to occupy for 1 year.

If you are looking to refi from FHA to a new primary residence Conventional loan, that starts the 1 year clock over again.

If you are intending to not live there for another year, and you did the refi as a primary residence, you are committing mortgage fraud.

Your lender is doing his job and letting you know the law.

Best of luck!

See this reply in the discussion

50 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
    Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.