Best Broker in Texas for Real Estate Investor

Best Broker in Texas for Real Estate Investor

Real Estate Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2013 · 24 posts · 4 votes

I just recently passed my agent's exam and am looking for a sponsoring broker. The thing is that I only intend to do this part-time, mostly for personal investing, and I'm trying the find the best broker (financially) for my needs. I just met with Keller Williams, which seems like a great fit for a full-time agent, but for me their monthly costs would render it a counter-productive partnership.

Anyone have any suggestions? The key is minimal costs. I'm not concerned about paying more in commission.

2Reply
166 views

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2013 · 228 posts · 30 votes
    13y

    Congrats @Jeff Jenkins on passing your exam. I too am working on my license and will need to look for a broker too. I know Lifestyle's Realty here in Houston does a lot of investment property transactions but not sure what their fees are. Maybe something to look into. Keep us updated on what you were able to come up with since we too will need one by the end of this year. Good luck!

  • The Woodlands, TX · Member since 2013 · 87 posts · 40 votes
    13y

    congratulations @Jeff Jenkins. That is a great accomplisent. Good luck finding a reasonable broker. I don't have any suggestions but I am sure they are out there.

    Q. How long did it take you to get your license? Did you study full time or part-time?

    Travis West

  • Real Estate Broker · Houston, TX · Member since 2012 · 40 posts · 2 votes
    13y
    Travis, I was able to get my license start to finish in 6 weeks. I went thru Champions School near the Galleria. You can take everything on line or class room and it cost $999. I'm with Remax now but wouldn't recommend them if you want part-time as they have a lot of fees.
  • The Woodlands, TX · Member since 2013 · 87 posts · 40 votes
    13y

    Thanks for the info Joe. I have known Rita for many years. I don't know if she still owns Champion or not.

    I will pass this on to my partner. She wanted to get her license.

    Travis

  • Real Estate Broker · Houston, TX · Member since 2012 · 40 posts · 2 votes
    13y
    Travis, I was able to get my license start to finish in 6 weeks. I went thru Champions School near the Galleria. You can take everything on line or class room and it cost $999. I'm with Remax now but wouldn't recommend them if you want part-time as they have a lot of fees. I'm pretty sure she still owns it.
  • Licensed Real Estate Broker & Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2012 · 521 posts · 104 votes
    13y

    @Jeff Jenkins Hey Jeff, I have no direct experience with them, but I believe Champions Realty may offer a structure you're looking for. I believe they'll sponsor your license in exchange for a monthly (or perhaps annual) "desk" fee. Not sure if they have any per-transaction fees. Should be enough for you to be active and join HAR to get access to the MLS, etc. Best of luck!

  • Real Estate Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2013 · 24 posts · 4 votes
    13y

    Thanks everyone.

    I just reached out to Champions. Hopefully they're not too costly.

    @Travis West I went through Champions School Online and found a "short cut." If I'd thought of it sooner it would have only taken me a week to finish and another two to register for the test. The test is fairly difficult though- at least more than I expected. If you go to the Champions School Prep Course they will give you a prep-book and that's all you need to study for the exam. I crammed for two days and passed on the first try, but I never want to take that exam again.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.